In my interview with David Meerman Scott
about helping business owners recognize that the landscape of business
has changed and what they need to do so they are position to grow and
thrive their business-I came up with a great analogy to help you wrap
your brain around what you look like online NOW.
Yes, you are right you did what you were told back then… and customers/clients are not living and doing business “Back Then”…they
expect the solutions they want to be “where they are looking NOW”.
Is your website the Scary House on the street?
So what are your options?
(I hear your questions-I am a local business owned business too)
- You either take time to learn all the aspects of where to be online so your ideal client finds you
- You take time to learn what to say and how to interact in ways that fosters know, like and trust
- You take time to optimize your profile, your blog, your web 2.0 properties
- You take time to learn how to create in each web 2.0 property as they each have their own learning curve
- You take time to learn and research keywords that your customers/clients are using
- You take time to learn how to craft your message in your articles, your videos and your blog posts
- You take time OK OK I will stop…you get the message.
You can read rest of blog post here