Is there something that you know would make InHouston 100% better?

Would having a certain feature or widget or profile question make this site better for you?

If you had a certain something, would that make InHouston the place to come for Houston Business Professional Networking?

Please comment on this discussion and share your ideas with the team.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Missing? More leadership participation from someone other than this guy Eric Standlee who started it!
Hi Eric,
I started a network on Ning and wanted to know if there is a way to connect networks. My network is powerfulwomeninternational.ning.com. I thought that when I joined the InHouston network that it would somehow be connected to the networking I created, but I don't see how. Maybe it's not possible. You seem to be the expert on Ning so perhaps you could let me know if it's all just wishful thinking or maybe there is a way. Thanks for any insight.
Pam
Pam,

You are partly correct. Everyone on Ning can join your group if it is public. Your group can join InHouston if they want. For instance, if they try to join InHouston and use the sign-in instead of the sign-up they won't have to reenter all of their data. It will follow them.

If you are a part of both, then you can invite your friends from other Nings to come to the the InHouston Event 10.8 and they can RSVP by signing in (which creates a profile initially) and submitting their go or no go.

Anyone you are friends with on InHouston are able to see your other networks and join you on the public ones. You can invite all of your friends across networks to join your other networks. You can share profiles, blogs, videos, etc from one network with all of your ning friends.

Hope that makes sense,
Eric Standlee

BTW, congratulations on starting your ning group.
Eric, I am just now really using the site. Give me a few weeks to get acclimated and I will be happy to reply but so far, so good!
Hi Eric, I had an idea. There are a lot of people that might be interested in meeting on another so maybe a section that gives ideas for quick meetings, coffee, drink, lunch and how to approach a meeting. Obviously I have not a shy bone in my body but some may be hesitant so a "how to section" might be nice and a list of things they might want to discuss.

Also what about adding on each members profile "other interests"? Traveling, wine, books, etc.... a lot of the time networking partners end up becoming friends so it might again be a nice add on.

Thanks Eric,
Glad to add that. I will do so and send out an email to the group.

Eric
Sounds like a fantastic idea Kimberley! I agree 100%

No time to be bashful these days!
Eric,

This may be a bit far-fetched but perhaps if the group collectively participated in some kind of charitable event or organization periodically, we could achieve a few things. First, we would create yet another scenario in which we can connect with each other. We could also gain exposure for the group as a whole, reaching other audiences embedded in the nonprofit and arts sectors. Of course, the best reward would be contributing to the less fortunate or those afflicted in our community.

Just an idea.
Gregory J.
Great idea, Gregory.

How about contributing as a volunteer at the USO locations at both airports? These USO groups are focused on military personnel who are passing through on to their next assignments.

Our volunteer military is worthy of our support in this small way.

Joe Stiles
www.joestiles.com
Love this idea.

I am behind it.

BTW, sorry I missed your group. Client came first.

Eric
Joe,

That sounds really good and I am interested in learning more about what this would encompass....
How about a "Classifieds" section. There could be a section under that for Open Job Positions, Candidates' Resume's, Stuff for Sale, etc.

What do you think?

RSS

Click Here For Jobs Listings

Sponsors

This Month: [open]

Previous Recent Sponsors:

Cafe Monteverde

Featured Non-Profit:

Charity Cup

[more info here]

NEW Become a Sponsor

Latest Latest Activity on InHouston Feed Featured Blog Articles on InHouston