Premier Professional Business Networking In Houston | Events | Tools | Help
How many great salespeople do you know got to the top without having a goal of being there?
Chances are not many, if any.
Goals are what drive us to be better and to reach heights we didn't know we were capable of. But setting and attaining goals depends on our ability to visualize. We must be able to visualize both short-term and long-term objectives with real stipulations, and we must commit to them with full purpose.
Now is the time for you to take control. How many times have you set your goals based on what was expected of you instead of actually increasing your level of commitment to produce beyond the expected? Goals must come from you, not your manager. As your manager, we can help steer the way but you must believe in your goals and that you can achieve them. Without your buy-in...what's the point?
For many of us setting goals can be hard. We make it hard because we don't think long-term and we don't dream big. We get so caught up in today that we forget about tomorrow. What if I told you that the key to creating and implementing great goals and strategies is to start thinking and dreaming like a five year old! Children don’t concern themselves with the details they just live in the dream. Strive to be great and don't limit yourself before you ever set a goal.
Here are 6 steps to setting great goals:
1. Prioritize your goals and list them in order of importance
2. Be proactive and not reactive
3. Create a ritual to review your progress
4. Research the risks you could take to accomplish your dreams
5. List the expected obstacles, and think of solutions to these challenges
6. Break your annual goals into quarters and take an honest inventory of your level of contribution to each goal.